Attorney Richard C. Williams, Jr., Pasco County and Pinellas County
Richard C. Williams, Jr. has practiced law in downtown New Port Richey for nearly 40 years. A native of the area, he was Gulf High School salutatorian in 1972, left Florida to attend college, and returned to the state in 1979.
Richard graduated from Davidson College magna cum laude and as a member of the Phi Beta Kappa Society with a Bachelor of Arts degree in 1976. He went on to Columbia University School of Law and earned his Juris Doctor in 1979. While at the university, Richard served as editor-in-chief of the Columbia Journal of Law and Social Problems. He clerked for the Honorable Arthur J. England Jr., Chief Justice, Florida Supreme Court, from 1979 to 1981.
Richard began practicing as an attorney with Beasley, Olle & Soto in Miami, Florida, in 1981. He was a partner at Williams & Williams in New Port Richey from 1983 to 1996, also serving as City Attorney from 1987 to 1990, and launched his own practice, Richard C. Williams, Jr., P.A., in 1996. Richard has been board certified for wills, trusts, and estates since 2007.
Awards & Recognition
Paul Harris Fellow – Rotary international
King Pithla 2004 for Outstanding Service to the Community
Rotarian of the Year, 1987-1988
Richey Suncoast Theatre, Award for Outstanding Service, 1985
Lighthouse for the Visually Impaired and Blind, Inc., Presidents Award, 1997-1998
Pasco-Hernando Community College Foundation, Volunteer of the Year Award, 1998
Pasco-Hernando Community College Foundation, Lifetime Honorary Member, Board of Directors, 2007
- NEW PORT RICHEY ROTARY CLUB, MEMBER SINCE 1985
- Classifications Chairman, 1998-Present
- President, 1990-1991, Director, 1987-1988, Secretary, 1986-1987
- District Governor’s Representative, 1991-1992
- WEST PASCO CHAMBER OF COMMERCE, PAST CHAIRMAN OF THE BOARD, 2003-2004
- Chairman, Charter Government Task Force, 1984
- Chairman of the Board, 2002-2003, Member, Board of Directors, 1998-2004
- BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA, DISTRICT NOMINATING COMMITTEE, 1990
- Chairman, District Friends of Scouting Campaign, 2005
- Troop 46, Assistant Scoutmaster and Committee Member, 2001-2005
- THE SALVATION ARMY
- Capital Campaign Steering Committee, 1994
- RICHEY SUNCOAST THEATRE
- Board of Directors, 1994-1998, Pro Bono Attorney, 1983-Present
- SERTOMA SPEECH & HEARING FOUNDATION OF FLORIDA, INC.
- Board of Directors, 1994-1997
- NEW PORT RICHEY COMMUNITY COOPERATIVE, INC.
- Board of Directors, 1994-1997, Legal Advisor, 1994-2000
- PASCO-HERNANDO COMMUNITY COLLEGE FOUNDATION
- Chairman of the Board, 2003-2005, Member, Board of Directors, 1999-2007
- Executive Committee, 2001-2007, Chairman, 2002 & 2003 Suncoast Sampler
- CITY OF NEW PORT RICHEY, REDEVELOPMENT ADVISORY COMMITTEE, 2002-2003
- Downtown Advisory Committee, 1992
- MORTON PLANT NORTH BAY HOSPITAL, MEMBER, BOARD OF TRUSTEES, 2004-2012
- Chairman of the Board, 2006-2007
- LIGHTHOUSE FOR THE VISUALLY IMPAIRED & BLIND, INC., PRESIDENT, 1999-2000
- Member, Board of Directors, 1995-2001